Fire Damage Cleanup
Every year, fires cause extensive damage to homes and businesses across the country. At Dayspring Restoration, we know the importance of effective fire damage cleanup following any type of fire event. Our restoration company in Missoula, Bozeman, Helena, Butte, and Great Falls is here to help you handle the aftermath of a fire by addressing all types of fire damage, including water and property damage that may have occurred during the firefighting process. Working with our experienced fire damage cleanup service is the fastest way to return your home and your belongings to their pre-fire condition without additional stress or worry.
The Various Aspects of Fire Damage
Fire damage is a broad term that refers to any type of property damage that occurs during a blaze. However, the category of fire damage can be further broken into several different types of damage associated with the breakout of a fire.
- Heat damage occurs in those areas closest to the flames, as combustion causes the temperature to rise. This type of damage includes burning, melting, and warping of belongings, finishes, and structural components.
- Smoke and ash can cause extensive damage throughout your home, even in areas that were never exposed to flames. The chemicals deposited by smoke and ash will continue to cause damage and deterioration in the weeks following a fire if prompt fire damage restoration does not occur.
- Water damage is commonly associated with fires because water is frequently used to put out flames quickly. Pressurized jets of water can cause property damage that includes flooding, water damage, mold growth, and general structural damage associated with the force of the water used.
- Firefighters may also cause necessary damage to your home to reach occupants inside for rescue or to increase ventilation to aid in firefighting efforts. As with smoke and water damage, this can occur in areas that were never directly exposed to heat.
Restoring Your Property After a Fire
There are several steps in the fire damage cleanup process. Fire damage cleanup can take days or weeks, depending on the severity of the fire and the percentage of your home damaged by water, flames, or smoke. Working with a professional disaster recovery service is the fastest and the safest way to eliminate the effects of a fire on your home and your life. Your professional restoration company will perform a thorough assessment of your home and act promptly to make repairs, as well as help you sort through furnishings, belongings, and other items to determine which can be repaired or restored and which items must be replaced. You can learn more about professional smoke and fire damage repair by calling Dayspring Restoration at (406) 541-4911.
Next: Electronics Recovery
Blog posts you may find interesting
- Pre-Flooding Safety and Damage Prevention
- 7 Tips to Prevent a Fire in Your Home During the Holiday Season
- Prep Now, Prevent Big Damage This Winter!
- My House is Full of Smoke…Now What?
- Earthquake Tips from the Disaster Experts
- 5 Ways That You Can Avoid a Disastrous 4th of July
- 5 Common Areas to Look for Mold Before You Purchase Your Dream Home
- Spring Tips to Help Keep Your Basement Dry and Mold Free
- Superbugs Require a Super-Solution
- Ice Damming- Keys to Repair and Prevention