Mold Removal in the Greater Missoula Area
Mold Remediation in Montana
Dayspring Restoration is your local professional source for disaster restoration and home repairs, including mold removal and water damage of all types.
Mold damage can be especially difficult to remove permanently from Montana homes.
Without a trained, fully certified technician performing the mold removal, the mold may not be completely removed and you are at a high risk of having the mold grow back in a few months.
Mold is known for damaging personal property and seriously affecting the health of the residents within a household. People with asthma or allergies are at an even greater risk of having health related problems.
According to the Journal Of Property Management, a single square inch of drywall can contain between one and 10 million mold spores. It only takes three to five of those spores to cause a reaction in a sensitive individual.
Fast, Professional Service in MT
We offer 24-hour emergency service, as well as no obligation, Free Estimates on all of our repairs and restorations.
We offer certified, professional services for homeowners throughout Missoula, Great Falls, Bozeman, Butte, Helena, Havre, Kalispell, Livingston, Belgrade, Hamilton, and all of their nearby areas.
Mold Removal Facts
- Mold Grows Quickly: Mold needs only moisture, temperatures above 40 °F (4 °C), and organic material to survive. Mold can grow in 24-48 hours, preferring areas with no sunlight, limited airflow, and little disruption.
- Mold Destroys Your Home: Professional Builder Magazine warns that mold will dramatically lower the value of your home. A home worth $250,000 can easily have $100,000 in mold problems and will be difficult to sell at any price. Additionally, mold can lead to serious structural damage to your home.
- Cleaning Visible Mold is Not Enough: Mold can grow in fiberglass insulation, on top of ceiling tiles, inside ducts, behind drywall panels, in wall cavities, and behind wallpaper. Even when it's visible, it's often impossible (even for an expert) to tell the difference between mold, soot, and dirt without testing. The mold you can see is just the beginning, and some of it is extremely hard to find!
- Bleach & Detergent Will Not Eliminate Mold: Bleach and detergent are useful for removing mold on nonporous surfaces. However, materials such as ceiling tiles, carpeting, and wallboard will have deep mold penetration and may need to be replaced.Removed mold will regrow if all sources of moisture and humidity are not eliminated.
- Mold Cleaning is Hazardous: It only takes 3-5 mold spores to cause an allergic reaction, and some molds contain mycotoxins that are carcinogenic or deadly. Vibrations and movement will cause mold to release their spores; it's easy to accidentally knock hundreds of thousands of spores loose from a single patch of mold! And that's just a drop in the bucket: Recent research has shown that up to one billion mold spores can be found in just one square foot of drywall!
- Mold Removal Requires Professional Equipment and Training: Mold removal experts have a variety of state-of-the-art equipment that they use to identify sources of moisture, to dry out wall cavities, and to safely remove mold that is growing in your home. Samples of mold may be analyzed in a laboratory to identify potentially toxic strains, and special cleaning agents may be used to restore property. While some contractors are jumping on the "mold is gold" bandwagon, it's important to find the established, trained, and equipped contractors that are committed to the industry for the long haul.
To Sum It Up: As Steven R. Silicato, writer for Buildings Magazine states, " Choosing the right remediation contractor could be the single most important decision an owner or manager makes -- one that could mean the difference between a successful cleanup or a negative outcome."
Mold Removal Contractors in Great Falls, Missoula, Bozeman
At Dayspring Restoration, we offer certified, professional mold removal and remediation in Montana , including Bozeman, Great Falls, Missoula and surrounding areas such as Butte, Helena, Havre, Kalispell, Livingston, Belgrade, Hamilton.
If your home is at risk of mold due to flood damage or fire damage, we offer 24-hour emergency services, available every day of the year.
We can be there, on site, within just a few hours to help you dry out your home and prevent a potential mold growth issue right away.
We pride ourselves on our dedication to customer education, service, and our adherences to available national standards and best practices.
Our experts are standing by to help you! For a free mold removal or remediation quote, call us, or send us an e-mail today!
Next: Commercial Mold Removal
Blog posts you may find interesting
- Ice Damming- Keys to Repair and Prevention
- How to Prevent Your Pipes from Freezing
- How to Thaw Frozen Pipes
- Reasons to Choose Dayspring Restoration
- The Basics of Mold in Your House
- Cleaning Up Household Mold
- Spotting the Signs of Mold
- Get to Know Dayspring Restoration
- Dealing with Mold in Your Home
- Restoring Your Home After Fire Damage